People’s Choice Awards Announced
Once again, Firehouse BBQ takes Best Looking Rig and Best Looking Team. The Firehouse BBQ rig is a thing of beauty and Craig and his crew have really nice shirts :-).
Best Team Spirit went to Carey Bringle’s Peg Leg Porker Team with Carey leading the way throughout the weekend.
- Best Pulled Pork – Memphis BBQ Co./Yazoo Delta Q BBQ Team
- Best Looking Rig – Firehouse BBQ
- Best Team Spirit – Peg Leg Porker
- Best Looking Team – Firehouse BBQ
Congratulations to our winners and out undying gratitude for your helping to make the 2012 Kentucky State BBQ Festival a rousing success.
Although People’s Choice balloting is blind by necessity, the matchup of which letter corresponded to which team was posted shortly after the voting ended at 4PM Saturday. For anyone who missed it, here is the list of teams with their corresponding ballot letter.
On the People’s Choice ballot, teams were:
- Desperados BBQ, Angola, NY
- Firehouse BBQ, Deland, FL
- Ponderosa BBQ, Des Moines, IA
- Yazoo Delta Q / Memphis BBQ Co., Horn Lake, MS
- Peg Leg Porker, Nashville, TN
- Lucky Dog BBQ, Danville, KY
We know some of you have ideas on how the People’s Choice could be improved and we welcome your suggestions. Just comment below to be heard.